Instagram

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Grove Park Inn Gingerbread contest youth winner



As promised, here's the gingerbread winner in the youth category. I think this was my favorite. I love the ingenuity of using shredded wheat for the thatched roof - rather brilliant, I thought.

It's been a bit of an eventful day. Bonnie kitty was terrorized by a neighbors Tom cat and got herself cornered on a steep slope filled with wild roses.  Jim and I spent over a half an hour, in the freezing rain, trying to locate her by her moanful cries. We managed to chase away the bully and Jim got the neighbor to lock up the offender so we'd have a chance to coax her out of there. We were cold, wet and bleeding from those rose thorns and finally retreated to the house, hoping she would soon follow.

A very cold, wet, Bonnie kitty finally showed up a bit later, after much coaxing and calling. I rubbed her dry, gave her treats and she's been sleeping ever since. I started on the dal and raita for our Indian curry dinner and now I'm going to have a well earned glass of wine. I may never let her out again. The physical and emotional strain is too much for these old bodies!

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful gingerbread house. I never let precious out in my area because of other cats and fleas ..lol . Right now my moms trailer has adorable angora kittens, about 5 but only 3 come out to eat and my mom feeds them and their mommy. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: