Instagram

Monday, July 15, 2013

This is not a bird

We have a new visitor to the bird feeder. I've named him Ratatouille. Jim is freaking out and I'm saying leave him alone, he needs to eat too. He is kind of cute and I'm certainly not ready to bring him into the house and make a pet of him. I told Jim if he want to get a big, live trap and re-locate him to the country - fine; but I'm not ready to end his young life just because he's eating a few bird seeds a couple of times a day.

Got my early hand watering done and after breakfast will plant a couple of things. It's going to be around 100 today and after planting I'm retreating to the studio for the rest of the day. I want to batch a couple of yellow slips tests using the Buttercup stain and decorate and glaze some more pots, so I can fire the tiny test kiln tomorrow.

After work, I just may jump into our pool. We've been here over a year now and I've never been in the pool or the spa. It's time to jump in. It's a lap pool, only 4 feet deep, so I don't think I can dive in!

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi June my name's Sean! :) I'm 22 years old, and I've got autism. Even though I wasn't born until 1991, but since I'm a huge television game show fan (and since I know a lot about television game shows), your husband Jim Perry was an awesome television game show host on "Card Sharks" on NBC from 1978 to 1981, and on "Sale of the Century" on NBC from 1983 to 1989! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give your new friend a fuzzy tail and you've got a pet squirrel. Perfectly acceptable.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: