Instagram

Friday, July 05, 2013

Osprey and her chicks

We've been watching this Osprey for weeks and with my new camera and it's great zoom lens, I was able to get a good shot of her in her nest atop a power pole. You can see one or both of the babies tail feathers on the left. They're flying already, but were resting when I took the photos around five o'clock yesterday afternoon.

Today's been a day of dealing with yet another water problem, which is now temporarily resolved. A pipe separated under the pressure and the water went everywhere but on my plants. I'll just have to keep a watchful eye on it till James our lawn guy comes back with a proper fitting for it. Meantime, I've had to do a lot more hand watering.

We've been glued to the TV the rest of the time with these men's Wimbleton semi finals. Looks like this second match is also going to be a good one. It may be hard to beat the earlier Djokovic and Del Potro match.

For some reason Adobe Photoshop won't recognize this new camera, so I had to put the memory card in the computer to download the shots and video I took yesterday. Guess it's time to go back to the PDF manual  trouble shooting section.

3 comments:

  1. Between the Djokovic-Del Potro semi-final matchup, the Notre Dame-Louisville quintuple-overtime thriller, the Marlins-Mets 20-inning test of endurance, the Ravens-Broncos double-overtime AFC playoffs stunner, and the Blackhawks-Bruins triple-overtime Stanley Cup final, it seems like it's been the year of the Overtime (and beyond) in sports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget the Tour de France, that's taking up all of our TV time right now! How lucky to have such great bird watching to do though.
    Re: camera, is there some software you need to install? Seems every time I get a new camera I have to go download software.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were a couple of softwares to install (one is just a trial version of a program). There was a driver to install when I first uploaded photos to the computer. In fact, I haven't even looked at their software; but am using my own.
    We are huge tennis fans, so that's where our tv watching focus has been the past week. The men's final is tomorrow and that should be a much better match than this morning woman's final.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: