Our daughter-in-law brought over some great looking peaches from their orchard, so it was time to make a peach cobbler. I tried a new recipe and it turned out to be the best cobbler we've ever had. Jim went back for seconds and we had it again this morning for breakfast!
The slip tests from the last little firing did not give me what I wanted, so it was back to work on those yesterday. That Buttercup stain as high as 20% in one of the slip tests, was just beige, so I weighed out a glaze with it yesterday to compare it with another I did with an older batch. There were other tests tiles to make and slip. That job will continue today. I also want to test one of the honey/amber glazes over some of these slips, so I'm putting them on a couple of larger flat tiles so I can do a side by side comparison of what they look like under both clear and honey/amber glazes.
I also made up another black slip test and got it on a flat tile with the others. I'll put 2 clear glazes over them and one amber. Hopefully this will give me the true black I'm looking for without using 30% or more oxide additions which some recipes have - crazy.
My morning chores are done, time to hit the shower and get to work. The grand kids are coming over to swim in the afternoon, so I want to get a few hours of studio time in before their fun begins.