Friday, March 04, 2011
Got the bagwall re-built and cleaned out, which took quite a while since I had some fused brick that I had to chink out. I didn't mortar the bricks, just made a thickish slurry of 75 alumina oxide and 25 epk and slathered than on to keep them from sticking, in case I want to make later adjustments.
Found two more kiln shelves that I'll have to grind. I had to wedge up some clay and throw Jim another mug for this firing(I broke his favorite wood/soda fired oribe mug yesterday). I have the 6 tile slip that I used and hopefully I also have that Shaner Oribe on hand, otherwise I'll have to batch some in a few days or just use my new Oribe.
Glazing and decorating is also on today's "to do" list. Time to make breakfast and on to the studio.