Instagram

Monday, March 21, 2011

Bread and clay


Here's this morning's no knead sour dough bread - an improvement over the one I made the other day. This time I also added some yeast and used bread flour. The last one didn't rise as much only using the starter, but the flavor was good.

Time to head to the studio, even though the garden is calling and there are onion, garlic and leek still needing to plant; but they'll have to wait till tomorrow. The pots have been patiently waiting for me to get back to them while I try to get a head start on spring gardening.

Yesterday I spent all day going through my seeds, sorting, then planting 24 different varieties of vegetables and flowers as well as transplanting a few kale, which are looking a bit sad this morning. Hope I didn't transplant them too soon. No problem though, since I have enough kale seedlings to feed the entire county!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the photo of the bread and the mention of all those spring vegetables makes me hungry!! We are weeks away from plantings, in fact, got snow today...it's just not fair!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: