Instagram

Friday, March 18, 2011

Bunnies are out and hellebores are blooming




The hellebores are blooming and it looks like the plum tree is going to be in bloom very soon. It's too warm for this time of year which may not bode well for fruit production if we get a late, hard freeze; but we are enjoying this lovely, spring like weather!

We had a great St. Patricks dinner with friends, with the the Irish Tenors as background music and enjoying our Irish coffee while watching "The Quiet Man". It's become our St. Paddy's tradition and one we're all enjoying. My friend Laura was intrigued with all my sourdough starters and no knead bread method, so I sent her home with an extra iron pot, some flour and instant yeast and the URL for the Jim Lahey and Mark Bittman you tube video on making no knead bread. Jim says I won't be satisfied until I get everyone baking this bread! LOL

I'm moving a bit slow after yesterday's busy day of cooking and planting. Since I'm trying to plant by the moon signs, dinner party prep or not, I needed to get my peas and spinach planted yesterday.

The new sourdough starter was ripe and ready last night, so after guest left, I got a loaf started, using a no knead recipe and will be baking that this afternoon. Right now it's time to get to the studio for a bit and if I'm up to it, I'd like to find even a little time for some garden cleanup this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: