Instagram

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Video on how to push in electric kiln elements good information



Firing was aborted early on with the kiln shutting off. Fortunately, this time the kiln was only 300 degrees. It looks like the thermocouple on the pilot burner needs replacing after only two firings. I took yesterday off since I didn't have the part and neither did friend Shane, nor was he available then anyway; and was too sore and tired after an all day loading the kiln the day before. It was a beautiful day and Jim suggested we drive up to the Mast General store to pick up some often used items before winter arrives.

On the way home I stopped at the plumbing supply place and picked up a couple of thermocouples. I hope they fit the burner so I can fire tomorrow. Having that imposed day of rest was probably a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you June, I am going to use this video to fix a bulging element on my Skutt. (Don't tell anyone!)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: