Instagram

Monday, October 25, 2010

Down to the wire



Here are a couple of views of the pots waiting to be wadded and fired.

Yesterday we took most of the day off to join friends for a lovely drive to the Toe River Lodge for their Sunday buffet, which was very good and reasonably priced as well. I did manage to get in the studio while the dinner beans were cooking to batch a couple of more test glazes and get them on to tiles.

Most pots are decorated and dried, and most of the glaze tests are batched and test tiles dipped. I  just have one or two more glaze tests to weight out and dip this morning and then I start wadding, and waxing lids with a liquid wax with some alumina hydrate added.

My plan was to fire Wednesday until Jim reminded me that I have a doctor's appointment for an osteo treatment, so it looks like I'll be firing Thursday unless I can finish wadding and loading today and feel like I have enough energy left to fire tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: