Instagram

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finally dipping pots

Got all my little batches of accent glazes and decorating slip mixed and sieved yesterday and finished assembling a couple more pots, waxing, etc.  All glazes and slip had been sitting quite a while so it took a while to finish that job. As usual I didn't get to do everything on my "to do" list.

This morning I  mixed and sieved a couple of my flashing slips and started dipping pots.

It looks like I  have enough pots to fill the kiln with room for some  test tiles and the few re-fires from the Energy Exchange wood kiln maiden firing, which didn't get enough soda. Now it's just a matter of spending a few days slipping and decorating and then I'll have to make up a couple of batches of my liner glazes.

Time to head back to the studio to cover a few things,  call it a day and enjoy the rest of my wine while I go through my decorating notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: