Instagram

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oatmeal bread and studio day

Have oatmeal bread rising, took care of some email, wrote out some new bread and other recipes and now getting ready to head to the studio to catalogue the slip and glaze tests that were  supposed to have been done yesterday;  but by the time I took care of some household things, got an order in to Bailey's for some tools, etc and spent what seemed like forever trying to find someone who sold replacement infinite switches for the kiln sitter on my little C10 electric test kiln, it was already past one o'clock.

Then there was a search for grandsons birthday present and by then it was too late for any studio time since we had  to go to Spruce Pine to shop for groceries, followed by another great dinner at the Knife and Fork..

Heard back from Aim kilns this morning with a price for the infinite switches. Every time I order one they seem to have gone up another 40-50%, so this time I ordered two!  

2 comments:

  1. I got my switches from vendors that sell food service equipment. I just had to bring in the old one to match up with their catalogue of switches. They were much less costly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a lot of them at an Internet food supply place, but I couldn't make out which one was mine since there were so many; and none of them had enough description or manufacturers numbers for me to be able to order. Fortunately AIM kilns has them. They just didn't have them listed on their web site.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: