Instagram

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Before and after desk organization

                                                              BEFORE



                                                              AFTER



The studio and cooking have kept me very busy lately. Yesterday I moved my desk and everything on top including the glass, reorganized all the tidbits of info and charts under the glass, cleaned the glass and got it back on, cleaned out and organized the file cabinet  and cleared off the slab roller. There are a lot of file folders  to go through in the quieter winter months; but for now, everything is a lot tidier. The slab roller is clear of papers and test tiles, and ready to do some slab work next week. The old computer and monitor are leaving to be replaced by the new laptop when needed; but right now I don't want the distraction and temptation of Internet access in the studio till I finish this cycle of work.

In addition to getting the desk and slab roller tidied, I  got most of the current batch of pots waxed, assembled and trimmed a couple more, mixed what was mercifully a small batch of one of my slips that had settled like concrete, and unpacked my order from Bailey - all in all a good, busy, productive day in the studio, rewarded with another lovely dinner at the Knife and Fork in Spruce Pine.

Today I'll mix some of the other slips and trim and wax the last couple of pots.  I've been up since 3am and hope I don't fade half way through the work day. My sleep patterns are certainly changing lately. Maybe it's time to learn to take naps like Jim.

1 comment:

COMMENTS WELCOME: