Friday, September 24, 2010
Bread making and studio time
Finally got those 80+ test tiles cataloged, made followup notes, loaded some of them into the tiny C10 electric kiln to fire tomorrow, set some aside for re-firing in the larger soda kiln and put the rest away. That was it for studio time other than filing some paper work.
Bread needed baking and thank goodness for the bread machine. The first loaf was our stand by oatmeal bread and then I decided to try a loaf of light rye (the one in the photo). I also made a mushroom bisque for the freezer, but held some back for us to have as a first dinner course.
After breakfast, if the fog lifts, I'll pick the apples off the 3 year old Liberty apple tree. It finally has more than 2 or 3 apples on it; and then I'll be back in the studio to throw more test tiles and mix up some slips and dip some pots.
This liberty apple is a new, somewhat disease free variety. Our couple of ancient apple trees have a lot of apples, but they don't look pretty because we don't spray; but they do make good apple sauce and pies,etc.