Instagram

Friday, August 31, 2012

Zucchini bread and slip tests


Had my zucchini bread for breakfast and used great restraint in not buttering it! This morning is for making a batch of 20 double margaritas for tonight's barbecue at our sons place.  Right now I'm waiting for the lemons to come to room temperature since I read that they release more juice that way. 

As soon as I get those squeezed, I'll head to the studio for the day. Yesterday I got about 5 hours of studio time weighing, mixing and applying a couple of white slips to over 40 test tiles. Today I need to weigh out the Linda Arbuckle slip. That will take care of the white slip tests; and then I'll use the rest of the tile for a couple of the colored slip tests. Both slips made and applied (Ayumi's and Pete's forgiving), seemed to dip nicely. The Pete's forgiving slip didn't have an opacifier and it's grey, so it will be interesting to see what it looks like under some clear glazes. If I get time, I may weigh out another version of Pete's with some zircopax.

This batching and testing is going to go on for a while, in between all the household and garden chores that I have to deal with until after the first frost and all the contractors are finished with all the fixes in the house.

Now that I took care of some of the over abundance of zucchini, I have to deal with the over abundance of eggplant. I see more roasted eggplant appetizers as well as eggplant parmesan in our near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: