Finally got the heat and air conditioning unit installed yesterday afternoon!
After spending 3 months (and continuing), of getting settled in, finding worker to fix everything indoors and out, and still not finished, we're close enough to the end of getting these things done that I'm actually making time to do things for myself - like getting my eyes checked this morning. It's been 4 years since I got new glasses and it's long overdue. There's also been time to do some studio supply ordering - like some helmer kaolin which isn't available here. I only ordered 10 lbs along with about 6 pint plastic jars for some oxides and stains and the shipping costs almost as much as the order!
The tile people have not called (they were supposed to be here this week), about removing and replacing all the old grouting, so when we get back home. That job and finding a painter who can match some of our exterior stucco trim are the only two big, "have to" jobs that need to be done. George the handyman is eager to build me two big raised beds, so I'll measure the ones at our sons place later today and get that project started.
And, thanks to my new air/heat unit, I'll actually be able to get in the studio for a few hours this afternoon after I tend to my toe, and put the cleared slab roller table to work rolling out some of the earthenware clay for slip, glaze and under glaze tests. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!