Instagram

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mexican margarita madness night

It was a gorgeous, sunny, but cool day and I really enjoyed taking Bodhi out for his many outing and he enjoyed it as much as me - leaping and bounding through the snow, like a puppy. Bonnie kitty wasn't eager to tackle that snow; but maybe tomorrow he strong desire for some outdoor play will over ride her "snow discomfort."

With Jim facing another 5-6 weeks of healing, I'm trying to make things as comfortable for him as possible and give him some small pleasures, like cooking  things he loves. I was going to make a chicken, andouille sausage gumbo tonight but had everything but the green peppers, so I used the chicken to make my Mexican stir fry with tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili peppers and herbs, along with cheese topped refried beans and margaritas.

Since I can't get in the studio I'm using this time to get caught up with feeding my sourdough starters and hopefully, soon, I'll be able to tackle more of this paperwork. This morning I made him a huge breakfast of bacon, sunny side up eggs, bacon and sourdough pancakes. A 100 year old starter I thought had died, was able to get resuscitated after a couple of days of frequent feeding and that's what I used in this morning's pancakes. Usually I can't get him to eat any other pancake but buckwheat but he actually enjoyed these, so they will be on the menu in the future. It's a mild starters than my North West one, which is pretty much like the classic San Francisco sour dough starter.

Our  road is still snow covered, so I'm hoping that in a day or two I'll be able to get out and do some more grocery shopping. We don't have so much snow that would make it impossible to drive through - I hope! Fortunately, I usually have a pretty full larder and freezer and can always keep us well fed if we're snowbound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: