Instagram

Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's almost there; but one shelf wasn't enough for these soap making supplies. I just need another hour in the studio to finish it - just have to find a place for the rest of those glaze test batches.

Yesterday I had my gardening chores finished before 8am. With these hundred degree days, getting out that early is a must. A few days ago I had a bout of heat prostration and that was not fun, so I'm being super careful for the rest of the week.

The rest of my day was spent cooking and getting some of these soap making supplies off my slab roller and getting them on the cleared shelf, which obviously wasn't big enough, so I found another large, deep container and filled it with enough glaze test containers to open up another half of the shelf below. Today I need to find a place for the rest of them. I also put together that wooden two tier stand. That was a great $9.999 buy at Fred Meyers, because it is perfect to double as a soap drying rack.

I made some truly delicious oven baked zucchini fries for lunch the other day. Even Jim who prefers the flavors of high fat foods love these.  If you want the recipe, you can check our my other blog: www.plantharvestcook.blogspot.com

 Dinner was quesaillas and an apple crisp with vanilla gelato for dessert. That was pretty much my day other than making a chart for all the soap ingredients I have on hand, doing email and some computer cleanup.

Time to do my hand watering, have some breakfast and do some refrigerator cleanup and process some of those surplus veggies for the freezer. I'll get in the studio after lunch to finish that soap supplies storage and maybe actually get my hands on some pots. Our son is in town for a couple of days and we're going to have pizza at the river house tonight. He has a fishing guide there for till dusk and I might just go out and cast a few while the guide works the salmon hole.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: