Instagram

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Sweltering day for kiln loading

Just finished loading my little Olympic gas kiln for a soda firing. It was 93 degrees out there and not a fun job. I re-vacuumed the kiln and  tested the burners this morning and they looked fine, except for the pilot burner which has back fired from day one no matter how I adjusted the shutter, the gas, cleaned the orifice, etc. etc.

The only thing I have left to do before firing is to put my Fluke together, test it and get it installed; but since it's going to be in the 90's again tomorrow, I think I'll put this firing off till Thursday when it's going to be partly cloudy and a cooler high of 86 degrees.

It would have been better to do this work in the morning, but I had a lot hand watering to do and a new rose to plant. The pots had already been wadded for a while, but I had to make more wadding for the posts. By then it was time for lunch and after lunch I decided that heat or not, I was going to load that little kiln


For now, I'm going to make myself some spicy, cheesy popcorn  and orangeade - too tired to cook or eat anything heavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: