Instagram

Saturday, June 08, 2013

Return of the blob


 This is the lovely mess the brass nozzle from my sprayer made when it took a high dive from one of the top peep holes and landed on the floor of the soda kiln and melted into this interesting blob of black and intense blue. A new wand and a couple of new nozzles are now on their way. Lowes didn't have them - said they stopped carrying them a month ago. Well, then, Lowes, why are you still showing it as being available on your web site.

Since we were already out, I did a Costco run, got some steamers for tonight's dinner,  did a bit of other pick up grocery shopping, and had a lovely, high carb, comfort, pasta dinner that I didn't have to cook.

As soon as I get my hand watering done, I'm heading to the studio to get the last 2 earthenware slip tests and a couple of other small pots glazed to fill the tiny test kiln for a firing tomorrow or the next day, and sand those soda pots. If I have enough time I need to make a small batch of a liner glaze for the other soda pots.

I already have  half a kiln load of soda pots ready for the next firing, and just need to line a few more to top off the load. As near as I can figure, I have at least 3 or 4 more firings to finish up these soda pots.

Time to stop chatting and get my hand watering done.  I've been moving slowly this morning and enjoying it too much; but hey, it's called retirement. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: