Instagram

Thursday, June 21, 2012

The horror of moving


This is what the studio/garage looked like a week or so ago, and I can't honestly say that it looks much better now. There are a lot less boxes but so much of the unpacked stuff is on tables waiting to find homes on shelving. Getting a few shelves up two days ago has helped a bit. I was able to unpack enough boxes to open more pathways through this mess.

Right now I'm taking a short break to soak that still, unhappy, infected big toe and then I'm heading to the studio to continue putting things away and unpacking.

The electrician came at 6 o'clock last night and left at 9. He and an assistant got the electric kiln hard wired, another fluorescent light and several outlets installed. He'll has to come back Tuesday to finish the rest of the outlets,vent the kiln and do some electrical work in and around the house.

I moved some carts around in the studio this morning and it looks like I have enough wall space for a manual extruder, and a much needed, extra small table for some of my lapidary machinery.  It's going slowly, but going.
  
While it was still cool this morning, I headed to the back yard and planted several more planters, a coreopsis and did my first hand watering. The east facing side of the house seems to get enough sun for lilies, so I may go out again after dinner to plant a few herbs in the little bit of space that's left to plant. Jim and I very happy with how that mass of pool and concrete called our back yard, is coming along.

George the handyman said he was coming today. As usual, I won't hold my breath. Meantime, it's time for me to bandage this toe and get on with some studio unpacking and organizing.

2 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with your unpacking the studio! Hope your toe is better soon

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: