Instagram

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Albino stag

Here's a picture of the albino deer that was enjoying a relaxing afternoon in our woods two days ago. It was a pretty sight!

Yesterday was an Asheville day with stops at Highwater for some studio supplies and a few more grocery stops. Going to Asheville is always an all day affair so there was no studio time other than to check the bisque kiln which was still too hot to unload. That will be today's job when we get back from lunch with Jim's sister and brother-in-law.It will be another day doing local chores and probably no more studio time than emptying the kiln.

I got some Carolina shrimp at Fresh Market yesterday and will be trying a new S.E. Asian recipe tonight. I couldn't find the long beans called for in the recipe; but in the photo it looks like green beans to me, so I'll just get some of those on our way back from lunch.

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful deer! she must be easy to spot in the woods, i hope that hunters recognize her unique beauty and leave her alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some hunters around here would love to get him. I said a little prayer when I saw him and asked that he be protected. I hope it was heard. :-)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: