Instagram

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

My quiet green, Hamada clone, test tile



Here's another green glaze test from my last soda firing. This is my take on Hamada's green. I can see where this would be a nice glaze to use over my flashing slip with some wax resisted areas. The contrast between the glaze and flashed areas should be nice and I can probably use the resisted area as a backdrop for some of my black decorating slip brushwork.

Now that Jim is getting around a bit, I'm getting ready to spend some time in the studio as soon as this cut on my finger heals completely. Those loppers cut deep!

Yesterday was food shopping day. We were out for over 5 hours just making a couple grocery store stops, a quick lunch and another stop to pick up our mail. Where did all that time go! Fortunately with such a big lunch, neither of us wanted a regular dinner so I just make some buttered, parmesan, popcorn with a sprinkling of cayenne.

Trish, here's a link where you can find a no knead bread recipe as well as 2 nice videos about it: http://www.breadtopia.com/basic-no-knead-method. I haven't forgotten about your request for the curried mushroom gougere - will try to get to it soon!

There are also videos on yout ube with the originator of this method, Jim Lahey. He only uses white flour, whereas the fellow on the video link from Breadtopia, uses some whole wheat along with the white.

We're expecting snow again - looks like it's going to start any minute. Glad I took the chicken/shrimp gumbo out of the freezer yesterday for tonight's dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Hey June:

    Glad to hear Jim is doing better, I do have to say, time does fly when you are in NC. Every time we come up to see my parents, most trips/errands take no less than 2 hours (even the Wal-Mart). I guess i am spoiled living in FL and having most stores right up the street.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: