Instagram

Monday, March 08, 2010

Oatmeal bread



Here's the new  oatmeal bread I just took out of the bread machine. It's definitely not a pretty loaf, but it tastes really good; and the house smells incredible! I think it's going to make a nice toast. I need to check out the instruction booklet again and find out why the color is uneven.

While the bread was baking I headed for the garden and planted those two thornless blackberry vines that I've been meaning to plant. I'll have to replant them when I get more compost because the soil has a lot of clay in it. After that I decided to check out the cold frame and found a bag of compost I didn't know I had, so I cleaned out the cold frame and dug the compost in and now I have to figure out if I want to plant something in it or just use it to harden off some of my seedlings. Maybe it's time to google "cold frame planting" and find some useful tips.

1 comment:

COMMENTS WELCOME: