Instagram

Saturday, November 07, 2009

My photo setup



Well, here it is - finally - my new photo setup! I took Joy Tanner's wonderful photo class and learned how to make my own light box and other accessories, as well as how to take better photos, use a gray board and reflectors and diffusers. Next I have to take some test photos; but probably not for another day. The garden calls today. 

It's going to be around 70 degrees this afternoon and I need to plant some late parsley and continue general garden clean up and harvest what I can.  I'll probably be too tired after that to do anything more than make dinner and vegg out over a Netflix movie tonight.

This morning I baked the sourdough version of the "no knead" bread. The dough, from an on line recipe, was way too wet, so I kept folding more flour in without kneading, until it would hold it's shape a bit. Obviously, the poster has a much firmer starter than the one I use. The loaf looks good; but I don't know what it will look like when I cut into it. Even if the texture isn't right, I'll get an idea of the flavor and just adjust the amount of water next time.

We had another lovely dinner at the Knife and Fork in Spruce Pine. I had their stack cake - my first time eating this local cake. The history of stack cake goes back to early weddings in these mountain, where many of the woman brought one cake and then all of the cakes were stacked with applesauce in between. It was delicious, as was the rest of the meal.






 

7 comments:

  1. Cool. I sure need one of those. I've been taking pottery photo's outdoors. My pottery has a bit of a rustic style, so pine tree's as a back ground worked for a while. I would like a more professional presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was time consuming but easy to make - just a lot of measuring, cutting and taping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how long did it take to make your photo setup? Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say it took me about 3 evenings to measure,cut and tape everything and another couple of sessions to cut and install the boards that the light box and backdrop hang from and get the light box and the backdrop hung.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photo set up is great but I am more interested in your cake with applesauce... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the results... I've got to up-grade this season and it's time to pick and choose a direction.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: