Instagram

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blessed uninterrupted sleep

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.I'm doing well today. It was so nice to get a night of uninterrupted sleep; and I even managed to turn on my side to sleep. Ah, the small joys!

Now I just have to figure out how to get some food in my diet that will get my digestion back to normal. Soft food diets don't help, so Jim is going to the store for some cooked prunes and carrots so I can make some carrot juice, which is one way to get some live, healing food at least for one meal.

I even managed to get into the kitchen cook my own cereal this morning - or at least measure and start the cooking process and Jim took over for the last two minutes. And the best news is that I haven't had to take a pain pill since 11 o'clock last night and I have no pain just soreness when I'm up and about for too long.

Our son came over for a visit before heading back to L.A. and our daughter called from Munich and gave me a list of TV shows I might enjoy. Living in Europe they found they could pay a very small fee to get a U.S. IP address which would allow them subscribe to Netflix and get a lot of the American mystery/crime shows that they like.

Time now to kick back a bit and read the Sunday papers, finish watching the Nadal/Isner tennis match and maybe take one of those cat naps before lunch.

3 comments:

  1. I am a new addict of Breaking Bad on Netflix. I suppose I have been living under a rock and probably the last to find out about this show, but it is the MOST amazing show I have ever seen!! Love love love it!
    If you aren't watching yet, check it out. Do you have a juicer? That's my way of getting lots of vitamins quickly. Good that this surgery went well, don't do too much too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey, I'll have to put that on my watch list. And yes, I do have a juicer. In fact, I got it out and put it on the counter top before I went in for my surgery, knowing neither Jim and I should be lifting it once I was home. Jim just got back from the store with a couple of bags of carrots, which I'll be juicing later with a piece of apple and some grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Time for you to relax and enjoy some guilt free, marathon TV watching!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: