Instagram

Saturday, July 10, 2010

New stamps


Our house guests (Jim's sister and husband), left after breakfast yesterday and I managed a full day in the studio. I made these new stamps after I finished slipping and decorating pots and getting the bisque kiln loaded. Over the years I've amassed a collection of antique, wood carved stamps that are used in India and other places to print fabrics. These stamps were made by impressing clay into small sections of some of the stamps. After they're bisqued, I'll impress them again so I'll have both positive and negative impressions to play with. I may even test impressing them again today if they haven't dried too much from the over heated studio overnight from the bisque firing.

The was done by 7am. I'm hoping to get into the studio around 11, hoping it will be cool enough to work. I need to mix up some liner glazes that have been sitting unused since November. It's a job I'm not looking forward to.

We finally got rain yesterday. It was heavy at times and rained for about 3 hours. This is the first day in over two weeks that I don't have to hand water, other than a few seedlings left on the front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: