Instagram

Monday, September 02, 2013

Great video for building your own small wood kiln



Here's a sweet little video with plans for a very small wood kiln. Looks like they're firing earthenware, but it could easily be constructed using  heavier duty firebricks and high fire castable or insulating firebricks. It would be a great little first time wood kiln or a second kiln for testing and re-fires. You can easily use an on line translator to translate some of the terms. If I wasn't living in the land of codes and covenants these days, I'd build one of these for myself.

Today I'm doing my first trip out to the grocery store to pick up just a couple of things and lunch out. I'm encouraged after being able to make a full roast chicken Sunday dinner yesterday. The secret was to do as much prep as possible sitting down, and spreading the prep out during the day. I think if I could handle that I can handle a little bit of grocery shopping and lunch out.  Jim can retrieve some of the items and I'll stick to selecting the meat, fruits and veggies since I'm a just a wee bit picky about those things. :-)

After the busyness yesterday I was fast asleep by 9:30 last night and slept until first light. Jim has declared that "no more heavy meal prep for me for a few more weeks." We'll see.: -)

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: