Instagram

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Keeping warm by the fire


It's a balmy 6 degrees F out there this morning. Guess it's going to be another couch potato day working on the computer and trying to learn to make sense of some software.

Yesterday I registered for an Etsy account and now I have to find out how to set up a page. Since we can't get out of our driveway at the moment, due to snow and ice, it would be pointless to try to sell anything (I am optimistic), since it's questionable about when I'd be able to get to the post office to mail anything. In any case, just getting registered is a start.

This morning I'll spend time again trying to get 3 or 4 photos side by side and save it as a single photo file that I can use as a header on my Etsy site, using Paint Shop pro. The first step was to pick a few photos and crop them. That went fine, to a point. I made all the photos the same size, but when I brought them back up on the screen, some appeared larger even though they're saying they're the same size. Why???? Another problem to solve.

After frying my brain reading my two help books, it seems I have to use layering to make a montage; but can't find explicit, step by step instructions that make any sense. Even the "Paint Shop Pro for Dummies" book is confusing to this brain; but I am determined, so I'll forge ahead. The problem with these books, is they don't focus on the job at hand; but go off in all sorts of tangents of information not needed for the job at hand.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to put three items in the cube and take their photo, but I no longer have the three items I wanted to use. Still trying to figure out the layers myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you using Paint Shop Pro, or some other program Linda. Let me know if you figure it out. We just finished breakfast, so I'm going to hit the "how to" books again and see if I can make sense of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Computers everything is either trivial or impossible! For me mostly impossible. Good luck, I'll be interested to see how the etsy adventure works out!
    Cheers,
    ~Craig

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: