Instagram

Friday, November 26, 2010

Yunomi

Here's a yunomi with heavily textured slip under flashing slip. I thought about re-firing it with a bit more soda; but decided on second look, that I really liked it just the way it is.

It's a rainy day - good day to finish pricing pots.The reason it's taking so long is that I'm re-pricing all the pots in the gallery as well as the ones from the latest firing; and I've had to do it in between garden chores and all the holiday prepping. It's been five years since I've changed prices and it's time.


With all the Thanksgiving leftovers, I don't have to cook tonight, so I should be able to  finish the pot pricing and maybe get a couple of other chores out of the way. I also have a couple  boxes that I got at the UPS store to spray paint, as well as my old A frame display which is definitely showing its age.


Jim finished getting the Christmas lights, wreaths and other decorations up around the studio, house and gallery; and turned them on right after dinner . He was adamant about not turning on Christmas lights till Thanksgiving was over, which for him, was when dinner was finished. Once I'm done with the major studio cleanup which hopefully will be done before Thursday, I may even get the Christmas tree and living room decorated before the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: