Instagram

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Here's a tumbler from the latest firing - Linda's yellow slip and temmoku liner. Don't you think it would make a good apple cider cup?

Wishing you all a most Happy Thanksgiving. It's a day to reflect on gratitude and enjoy the company of loved ones and friends and partake of an abundance of comfort foods. Enjoy!

I got most of my food prep done yesterday, so today will be an easier cooking day. Turkey will be in the oven before noon and I just have to finish off the gravy, add the warmed milk to the stuffing, candy the sweet potatoes and cook the other veggies which are all prepped and ready to go. 

Continuing with tradition, I'll try to sneak in some time watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in between kitchen duty. And, I may even find time to price more pots, if I'm not too stuffed to move after an early dinner.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thankgiving to you as well!! I used a shino recipe from your website for the last firing, can't remember which one just now, but we didn't get reduction so I can't tell you how great the shino looked, I think it had great potential if we ever figure out this kiln!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the cup :) makes a great hot cocoa cup as well and send some of your cooking my way..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracey, just apply the shino thin and start reducing early for good color. I used to start reduction around 1550F when I was using shinos in my gas firings.

    June

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: