Instagram

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Soda salt fired jar

Here's another pot from last weeks soda/salt firing. The extra 1/2 lb of salt along I added, along with the soda gave the Randy's flashing slip a deeper tone than usual. Last few firings I've added a pound of salt to the soda  mix which resulted in a rich red orange color. With just soda, the same flashing slip, depending on clay body used, runs the gamut from light tan to orange. With 1 1/2 lbs of salt it darkened the slip much more.

I'm cooking all day for tonight's dinner party. The pate is already made, most veggies are  prepped and the pecan caramel sauce for the ice cream is done. I just have to cook the braised lamb shanks this afternoon.

Jim, the house wine steward has picked out two lovely red wines for dinner - one of which is a very special Frank Family Cab. Needless to say, there's no time for the studio today other than taking some of the pots I shot back to the studio for pricing tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. June, my name's Sean. I'm 19 years old, and I've got autism (I was 4 1 / 2 years when I was diagnosed with autism). Since I'm a huge television game show fan, I thought your husband, Jim, did an awesome job hosting "Card Sharks" and "Sale of the Century" on NBC, though I wasn't around to see it originally (since I was born on February 1, 1991), but I do watch "Card Sharks" episodes on GSN and I also watch "Sale of the Century" on YouTube.

    Sincerely,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you have found and enjoy Jim's work. He loved what he did and it's amazing that even these many years after he retired, the shows are still available to old fans and even making new fans, like yourself.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: