Instagram

Thursday, March 27, 2014



Mesmerizing, is the best word to describe this visual delight, thanks to Russian potter Mikhael Sadovnikov.

As for me, it's the usual morning of email, animal and husband feeding, seedling care and other chores. While out to dinner with our son and his family last night I lost one of the lenses in my prescription glasses, so I'll be off to Costco after lunch to make an appointment for an eye exam so I can order new reading glasses. These are two years old so it's probably time for new ones.. Then we're off to the lawyers to sign some papers. So, it doesn't look like there will be any time for the studio.

Yesterday I did get into the studio just long enough to put a few things away and decorate a small test cup. I spent more time having to laboriously mix up and sieve a couple of under glazes that were a lumpy mess after sitting for a while.Some company must make a mini hand blender that would fit in those small Amoco under glaze containers. In fact, come to think of it, I used to have one like that, so I'll have to dig around the studio and see if I still have it tucked away somewhere. It felt good to finally be back in there even for just a short while.

There are only two no rain days in the current ten day weather forecast, so it looks like I may be getting a lot more studio time after today. It's about time.

2 comments:

  1. I use a small immersion stick blender for mixing slip in a small bucket. I am not sure if it would fit in the underglaze jars, but it might.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old stick blender in the studio that I use for small slip and glaze batches; but I haven't thought of using that. Guess I thought it might not fit; but I will check it out. I bought that used blender a long while ago for five dollars at a thrift store and it's been a great studio tool.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: