Instagram

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Broken but fixable

I was in a bad car accident last month; but the car and I are both fixable. I wound up with a Tibia plateau fracture in my right leg and can't walk/put weight on that leg for 3 months. The car will be fixed in two more weeks, but I have another 2 1/2 months of physical therapy and healing to go.

So I will finally have time to read all the wonderful pottery and soap making and other interesting blogs for a while.

At the moment my world is very small, basically living in the bedroom, under the care of dear friends till mid to late July. I guess I'll finally have time to get a lot of computer clean up done, and learn how to use my new Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge cell phone, which I love.

At least I got a lot of the heavy work done and a lot of planting done in my garden before the accident, but I won't be able to look at it until July.  My friends are harvesting some of the veggies as they mature so we will be eating the spring crops out of the garden for a couple of months.

Hope you are all having a safe, happy, lovely, and productive spring.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've had an accident and are laid up, June .... but good to hear you are on the mend. Looking forward to maybe hearing more from you and your blog while you're under 'bed rest' orders :)) .... you've been missed over these many past months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've missed being able to even read other peoples blogs; but now the universe has given me plenty of time to do that as soon as I fix some computer woes with Windows 10 which somehow has corrupted some of my system files on my new Dell Alienware laptop!

      Delete
  2. You poor thing, you have had a year about like mine. I hope the summer will bring some happiness and comfort to you and you can get back to doing the things you love. I used to read your blog and wonder if you were doing crack, haha! (not really, but your energy seemed limitless) may you get back there soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, so good to her from you. Yeah, we have had a hell of a challenging year or more. Hope you are at the other end and still enjoying your new job. I haven't had time to go back and read blogs yet. This healing and physical therapy are tiring and my eyes go bleary by about this time every day. Thanks for your good thoughts. I'm being disciplined about the therapy so I can get back to my life in mid July.

      Delete
  3. I hope that you mend quickly and will be back to your gardens soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michele. Hope you are enjoying your new home and studio. I'm looking forward to catching up with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todd Schuster5/14/16, 4:11 PM

    Hi June. So sorry to hear about your accident. Cars can always be fixed, now you have to get yourself fixed. Thank God you will be okay in time. It's been hell for you this past year with Big Jim gone and now this. Wishing you a speedy recovery and get back on your feet again. Hope Sean and Erin are fine. I still watch episodes of big Jim on BZZR and GSN. Just watched a syndicated Sale episode from 1985. What a man, I miss him as do you and millions of other game show fans. Best to you dear.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: