Instagram

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Checking in briefly

Just another quick check in during this busy spring planting time among all the other things on my plate right now.

In the blog roll to the right, I have a probably boring, long post in my Plant, Harvest, Cook blog about what's going on in the garden.

Between garden work, getting all my soaping notes and materials organized (I'm almost there on that job after a few great rolling storage carts), as well as being the sole responsible person for all household, cooking, shopping, driving, animal care, etc. etc. chores these days. I don't even have time to check my favorite blogs daily like I used to.

Jim is on some new medications so he is eating again. Since he spends most of his time in the bedroom or his leather chair in his office, I moved my studio TV and receiver in there today, since it's not going any good in the studio since I haven't had time in months to do any studio work or make any soaps. I made him a very happy man today. When he saw me carrying it in there, he said "you need to get an electrician to do that!"; and I replied "I'm the electrician"; and I got it set up with no problem so he could watch the basketball game.

Jim has a new walker and he's able with my help to get outdoors a bit some days while I get some gardening done. Life goes on; but it's all so very different these days.

I have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon in another week, and I'll see if I can schedule my second hip replacement early August when both our daughter-in-law and daughter will be available to help out with Jim, the house and animals while I recuperate those first few week. It's going to be an interesting summer.

Hope everyone is well, making lots of great pots and enjoying the spring weather and early gardening. It's going to be a very hot summer if this spring is any indication. I may finally get to use the pool after 3 years!

3 comments:

  1. All my friends are getting old so I thought it must be great if they all wanted to do it. It's more like " If all your friends jumped off a bridge...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have the update. It sounds like you are finding creative outlets even though you can't be in your clay studio.
    Spring seems to be finally arriving here in the northeast. It has felt more like late March than late April and May. We have to replace our pool liner this year. The old one lasted ten years longer than its warranty so I can't complain.
    It's good to read that Jim is having some improvement. I still think growing older sucks, but it's definitely better than the alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have your hands full. So good that your kids are able to help out when you need them.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: