Instagram

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Another Clayart archive

Here's a link to the original clayart archive with messages until mid to late 2012. This archive is the one I tend to go to for information since all the information is in categories. If you're looking for a certain type or color glaze, or certain cone, it is in it's own directory. You don't have to scan thousands of posts or many years to find what you're looking for. http://www.potters.org/categories.htm

Finally went in for the endoscopy the other day and seems the paraesophagela surgery last year caused a new mini hiatal hernia, as well as shifting of the mesh they put in there. There were able to stretch the bottom of my esophagus, so maybe now the food will go down and stay down! It's not totally fixed, but so far it's an improvement. The good news was everything looked good otherwise, so that's a blessing.

On another note - I've decided to sell my brand new, never used Brent extruder with all the lovely dies. With this new hernia, I'm just not going to risk it getting worse by using a hand extruder. I can't ship it, but if anyone in my area of Southern Oregon is interested, let me know. I'll have to check the price and probably sell if for $100 less than I paid for it and throw in all the lovely dies and hardware.

With Jim's health challenges as well as my own, there isn't time or energy for the studio. My hip has gotten very bad and I can't get a new one for a few months, till Jim is done with his treatments, so I'm hobbling along with my cane and spending a lot of time sitting down and reading in between cooking and other "must do" household chores. Old age gets more interesting every day!  

Time to check on wall ovens. Ours died a few days ago. It won't unlock after the self cleaning and I can't even figure out how to get it out of the cabinet! So as soon as mercury retrograde is over in a couple of weeks, I'll be replacing it. Thank goodness for my little toaster/convection oven which is doing a great job for most things - just no pizza for a while though. 




4 comments:

  1. Sorry that you are both having so many health issues at this time, it must be very challenging and frustrating just getting through each day. My wife and I were looking through next month's appointments and starting to feel our age as we saw how many were with doctors! Glad that you have had some improvement after the endoscopy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter. Most of our calendar appointments have been medical as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a wall oven do the same, after it went into self clean mode while I was cooking a meatloaf. Wasn't pretty. To get the oven to open, turn off the power at the breaker. Wait, then turn back on. That's what work for me.
    -chantay

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bummer about your oven! I have a sort of over-sized Cuisinart toaster oven and use it a lot. It is stone lined for making pizza, and came with it's own stone. I still prefer to make pizza in the full size oven.
    Glad you got the bottom of your problem and hopefully that little fix they did will help.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: