Instagram

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thomas Clarkson large ash glazed stoneware jar


Here's another great pot worth re-visiting. This is a large, ash glazed jar by Thomas Clarkson of Charlottesville, Va.

Yesterday was spent on computer woes and cooking. The blue screen laptop problem is still not resolved and I didn't have time to call about it yesterday since I knew it might take a long time and I had an early big roast pork dinner planned.

After breakfast, and plant watering, I'll get on the phone and see if they can remotely access the laptop and find a way in so we can do a CHKDSK /F and get an idea of the problem.

Tonight I'm making salad and mushroom bisque for dinner. After a heavy meat dinner last night, the soup will be a nice change of pace. We'll have the leftover pork another day - probably tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. That's a great pot and he's a great potter! One of the first pots I ever bought was from Tom in 1980...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can Thomas Clarkson Pottery be purchased from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no sure where he is currently; but he may still by in the Charlottesville, Va area where he was in the late 70's.
    I purchased this pot at a craft fair in N.Y state around that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom is still in Charlottesville. His work can be seen in Marshall on April 28th at the Madison County Potters Market. www.pottersofmadisoncounty.com

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: