Instagram

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Robin Hopper teapot





Here's a Robin Hopper teapot from my collection. Unfortunately the lid was dropped. I need to get it glued one of these days. I bought this from Robin before he moved to Canada's west coast, and was still living and working in Ontario.It's a nice example of resist design on the raw body, cobalt slip over and clear glaze over part of the cobalt slip.

Never got to the studio yesterday, other than covering some leather hard pots to trim today. Bread baking and dinner prep and some household chores usurped all my time. Dinner was a tossed salad and steamed mussels in white wine, garlic, onion, pernod, and basil with an addition of  a cream, shallot and lemon sauce. It's  the original Carrabas recipe "Cozze in bianco",  that I found on line -and  not the  clone.. The only thing missing part of the recipe was the lemon butter sauce, so I had to search the various recipes on line and settled for the classic French, lemon butter sauce. The recipe called for chablis which Jim picked up for me;, but next time I'm going to use a sauvignon blanc instead. Chablis is pretty undrinkable and not great for cooking either (just my personal preference); but I thought I'd follow the recipe as given the first time.

We're going out to the Knife and Fork in Spruce Pine for dinner, so I'll be able to get in some good studio time today. The pots are definitely ready for trimming and depending on how I feel, I'll either throw a few more things or mix up a couple of flashing slips and start decorating.

2 comments:

  1. Hey June Jason here, uh u could try Chardonay for a drier texture, or drink the wine because of the sweet lemon butter sauce. I like when a dry wine compliments a sweet and savory meal like the one ur serving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful teapot! Our studio, Carla's Clay, in beautiful Sarasota, Florida is hosting a workshop with Robin Hopper this Feb 6th and 7th. We would love to have you! Please call Carla at the studio 941 359 2773 for more info or to sign up. You can also look for us on Fb. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: