Instagram

Monday, November 30, 2009

Antique Oribe basket


Another revisited pot. - this time an antique Oribe basket form that I purchased in one of my visits to Japan.
It's one of my favorite pieces, and it's currently doing duty as a candy dish on our living room coffee table.

I've been waiting all morning for a call from Dell to help me install the new Windows 7 operating system in my crashed laptop. Since I'm relegated to the house, both with that waiting and dealing with sinusitis which is making me avoid studio dust, I'm using the time to hit the paper pile in my office. After an hour of sorting, I'm wondering why I thought I couldn't live without all this information, recipes, etc.

This afternoon I'll make a pot of turkey carcass soup. We finished the last of of the turkey leftovers yesterday and now it's time for the soup which I'll stick in the freezer for another day. Tonight it's pork chops au poivre with a cream and sherry reduction and home fried potatoes and butternut nut squash with an orange, brown sugar, butter sauce.

Well, time to get back to the paper pile.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having some turkey carcass soup as I read this, sounds kinda nasty doesn't it:) but it's really good, I put some mushrooms in for the broth and it has such a beautiful color.
    Girl, you need a MAC, you wouldn't be in DOS hell with a MAC!!! The AP gave my husband a Dell and then they gave him a new camera that the Dell could not support. So they got him a MAC and he's a happy boy. I switched from PC to Mac when the Gateway I had would not even support my canon power shot. I feel your agony with the computer work!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: