Instagram

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Photo setup



Spent my studio time yesterday in the guest bedroom, installing my photo setup. I had to figure out how to support the background paper. So I clipped it to a 4 foot long, thin, flat, piece of wood, looped a string on each  end and then hung the string on a cup hook that screwed into the wall above the window. It was the only place in the house where I could set this up and leave it up for months at a time. When house guests arrive, it can be easily disassembled.

It looks like I'll have to push the table back a bit to make room for side lights unless I can move the Queen sized bed further away, which may not be doable since it's a small bedroom for a bed that size.

Either way, it's going to be a tight working space; and I'll probably have to do so adjustments later with the position of the light box, which at the moment, looks like it may be sitting too far back for the current table position.

I'll  know what tweaking needs to done after I set up the lights tomorrow and take a few test shots. Right now it's time to head to the studio for a few hours before I stop at 4 o'clock to start on tonight's dinner - Bayou chicken pot pie.

 



1 comment:

  1. Ah, but you were smart enough to have a propper table. I setup my photo environment over the holiday break and in my excitement I used a low coffee table (don't ask, it made sense at the time). Npow I am always on my knees to photograph some pots!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: