Instagram

Thursday, December 19, 2013

How old am I now!


One more year and I'll have made it to 3/4 of a century on this planet. Amazing! Our son Sean  and daughter in law Nicole sent this beautiful, birthday bouquet. I am definitely feeling all the love today!

Jim and I had my  usual birthday celebration last night instead of tonight, since our daughter Erin is flying in tonight. We always go out for a great dinner on our birthdays and last night I chose Sammy's in Talent and it was a great dinner. My squash soup with croutons and pumpkin seeds was just fabulous as was everything else we ate. 

The rest of the family flies in tomorrow and it's going to be a great week with the whole family being here for Christmas - the first time in many years.

My Christmas cooking has started and I have a big popcorn can filled with Chruschiki - my once a year, Christmas ritual. Next will be personalized gingerbread cookies for everyone. I will probably ease back on more cookies making since our daughter will be here and I know she's going to want to be out and about to do some U.S. shopping at T.J. Max and Ross for Less. Germany does not have discount stores. Who knew!

The house is clean, my paper piles have been drastically lessened and the studio will just have to wait until after the holidays. The coming week is for joyous celebrations, remembering all that has been good in our lives and hoping for the best in the New Year for our family and all of the beautiful souls finding their way in this crazy, wild, up and down incarnate experience.





6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, hope you have a wonderful time with your family, what a great way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, June! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Passable Festivus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated wish for a happy birthday!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes. It's been a great week with the whole family here. Hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday/Christmas/New Year!
    What a busy time, with so much to celebrate happening at once! How lovely that you have the family there to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Peter! Hope you are having a lovely holiday as well!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS WELCOME: