Instagram

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Nice textured teal glaze

Here's a new glaze of mine #8486V# B. It has a very intriguing teal color and texture. The dark strip on the right is from the 2% iron lip under the glaze. I often put this slip on my white stoneware or porcelain tiles. On darker stoneware, I'll often put a strip of white porcelain slip on the tile. This test is on Loafer's Glory, a porcelainous type stoneware, fired to cone 10 in my soda kiln. Here's the recipe if anyone would like to try it. The color is a bit more on the teal side than is showing on my monitor.

#8486V# B Cone 10

18.3 Kona F4 Soda spar
10.5 Whiting
11.0 Ferro Frit 3195
 8.3 Talc
12.2 Neph Sy
21.7 Silica
  1.8 Fluorspar
13.5 Tennessee SGP#1 Ball Clay
  2.7 EPK

B color: Add 0.5% Chrome oxide, 0./5% Cobalt carb

Domesticated and wild critters have all been fed, we've had our oatmeal breakfast (snowy, cold mornings definitely calls for oatmeal), and I've made tonight's dinner decision - Chicken cacciatore from Lidia Matticchio Bastianich's cookbook, "Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen".

I also took all my spices off of one shelf and cleaned, organized and rearranged everything in alphabetical order. I have more of these shelves to do but first need to get more staggered, wired shelves. I keep the most used spices in the cupboard next to the stove and the more International spices, i.e. Indian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, etc. in a different cupboard. The next job of this morning is to file a whole bunch of new recipes followed by catching up with some snail mail and other paper work.

We're still getting some snow flurries, so it doesn't look like we'll head to town to pick up the mail today. It's a good day for sitting near the fire and working on the paper piles till dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS WELCOME: